SAP BW Training Forums BW305 – BEx Query Design and Analysis Unable to launch BEX Analyzer

Unable to launch BEX Analyzer

Back to course
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cynthia
    Participant

Hi Rob,

As discussed earlier i installed MS Office 2010 on my Virtual Machine. Now i can launch and build queries in Query Designer but i am unable to launch BEX Analyzer. When i try to launch it with both specified ways it gives an error saying “The code in this project must be updated for use on 64bit systems.”

Also in Query Designer i cannot see the green check in right hand corner which is used to execute queries in tutorial (Which Office version are you using in the tutorial may i know ). So i am able to build queries i cant find a way to execute. Is there any option in Query Designer from where i can execute the query or is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks

Cynthia

Rob Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Cynthia,

BEx Analyzer works best with older versions of MS Office.   I find that the version that works best is MS Office 2003.  The first thing I’d recommend is checking to see whether or not you have the option to re-install Office 2010 in 32bit version instead of 64bit.

If that still doesn’t work I’d try another version of office. I was able to get it to work on Office 2003 just fine.  Here’s what I did:

1) Install Office 2003 (if you need the Office 2003 installer files I can share them with you.  Please reach out via email for this)

2) Fully Update Office 2003

3) Apply Windows patch to resolve issues with BEx integration (the patch resolved issues with Microsoft .Net Framework) that would hide the BEx bar.  I assume this is also the case in your system.  Do you have the latest .Net version installed?

4) Finally, install SAP GUI and patch.

If you are not seeing the BEx toolbars, double check to ensure they are available to be displayed within the viewable toolbar option (see example).

Other students have had success using Office 365 and following this guide.

If you’re still experiencing, issues I’d recommend posting to the SCN forums to see if anyone has had similar issues.

Thanks,

Rob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2016 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS LLC (This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG)