SAP BW Training Forums BW310 – Enterprise Data Warehousing Missing Process Chain Variant

Missing Process Chain Variant

Back to course
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rob Davis
    Keymaster
    Problem – Activation Not Appearing

When creating your process chain you may encounter an informational message that claims “No variant exists to activate your DSO”.  I don’t see an easy way to manually add the variant of activation to ZBREW_01. We’ll need to create a new custom variant that takes care of this for us.  Here’s what your screen may look like:

Solution

You’ll need to click on the blank paper icon and create a brand new activation step (given it’s a fresh install). That should allow you to move forward. This will allow you to create a new process variant (ex. zactivatedso) that contains the data store activation job. Within the process variant, you should be able to specify the DSO name.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Rob Davis.

jean_mbadi
    Participant

Hello Rob,

Very nice course with details. I used your material with e-books espresso, and I deeply recommend the course. However, the missing part that is actually needed most sought is that end-to-end process from ECC to BW. Please if you have that elsewhere, it will be a completion for the course.

Best Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2016 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS LLC (This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG)